Branding and Trademarks Usage Guidelines
Effective Date: 1 February 2017
LogbookMe recognise that our community and ecosystem play an integral role in reselling, developing complementary products and applications that leverage our platform and the need to refer and link to LogbookMe and our products and services. We identify our products and services with our trademarks, which consist of names, logos, words, characters and colours, a number of which are identified below; we consider these marks to be valuable assets. In order to protect our interests in these marks, we have legal obligations to ensure they are used properly by us and by others in the community.
To ensure that there is never confusion about our products and services, or our relationship with developers, partners and other members of the LogbookMe ecosystem, we have put together the following Guidelines. Using the marks in the ways described below will allow you to avoid negotiating agreements with LogbookMe and its lawyers, or receiving a request to change an inappropriate use. You must receive explicit written permission from LogbookMe to use our marks in any way not described in the Guidelines and your use is subject to your agreement to be legally bound by these Guidelines, including the terms of our trademark license provided below. If you have any question regarding a proposed usage of our marks or to request permission for a certain use, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naming your Application or Product; Applying for a Domain
We understand the desire of developers to associate their products and applications with LogbookMe. To ensure that you are able to promote your integration without creating confusion about the creator of the offering, please follow the following naming guidelines for your product and/or domain:
- Name your website, product, or application with something unique, that satisfies the other Guidelines.
- Feel free to include language on your site explaining that your application “Works with LogbookMe,” or “Syncs with LogbookMe”.
You may not:
- Use LogbookMe in the name of your website or application (“Application X for LogbookMe” is not acceptable).
- Use a portion of a LogbookMe mark, image or text, as part of your product, website or application name.
- Register a domain containing LogbookMe (or misspellings of LogbookMe).
- Apply for a trademark with a name including LogbookMe.
- Use or make derivative use of LogbookMe trademark icons (see definition below). Examples of derivative iconography would include:
Visual Design of Your Website, Application and Related graphics and iconography
- Design your site with unique branding and logos, which satisfy the other Guidelines.
- Clearly distinguish any LogbookMe marks, including any link to any LogbookMe web site, from the content on your site.
You may not:
- Copy the LogbookMe look and feel of any LogbookMe web site (including the use of our distinct color combinations, graphic designs or typography) or create any altered, distorted or interpreted representation of any of the LogbookMe marks, as this could create confusion among our users. This includes reports layout and data delivery protocols.
- Feature any LogbookMe trademarks in a manner that is more prominent than the names and trademarks identifying your business, product or service.
Using the LogbookMe Marks in your Ad or Marketing Campaign
- Use the LogbookMe logo or LogbookMe application icon as a link to the LogbookMe service, in a manner that satisfies the other Guidelines.
- Use the LogbookMe logo/s or LogbookMe application icon to show that your product is powered by or used in conjunction with LogbookMe.
You may not:
- Use the marks in a way that might imply an LogbookMe partnership with, or endorsement of, your product or business.
- Distort or alter the LogbookMe marks in any way.
- Use the marks in a way that confuses the LogbookMe brand with your brand or any other brand.
- Use LogbookMe slogans or copyrighted works in a manner that would suggest a relationship or commonality with LogbookMe.
- Use any LogbookMe mark in connection with any illegal activity.
Attributing Ownership of the LogbookMe Trademarks
If you use any LogbookMe trademarks, you must provide attribution of Logbook Me Pty Ltd’s ownership of such mark(s) by providing one of the following statements:
- “LogbookMe, the LogbookMe logo, WHSPulse logo, SafetyPulse logo, FleetMe logo and FleetPulse logo are trademarks of LogbookMe Corporation and used under a license.” referencing the particular mark you use; or
- “Used under license from Logbook Me Pty Ltd.” (where the asterisk appears in proximity to LogbookMe’s trademarks).
LogbookMe owns a number of trademarks and service marks which may be registered trademarks in Australia and other countries, including the marks listed below, along with our suggested generic terms for the marks we use to identify our service (the use for which we describe below).
Trademarks in Your Country
Of course, these Guidelines are not exhaustive, and do not fully describe all of our rights or actions we are permitted to take under applicable laws, or certain permitted use of our marks that you may have under the laws in certain countries. You are responsible for confirming the laws applicable to your proposed usage.
We have adopted certain standards for presenting our logo, typographical elements and colors, which we require you to follow when using our marks. You may obtain those standards below.
Conditions of License to Use LogbookMe Trademarks
If you elect to use LogbookMe’s trademarks, we require you to comply with any applicable Guidelines set forth above and your use is subject to your agreement to be legally bound by the terms of our trademark license, the terms of which are provided below. Of course, you need not agree to be bound by these license terms, but if you do not agree, you do not have any right to use our trademarks in connection with your product or service.
Your use of LogbookMe trademarks will be considered to be your acknowledgment of your agreement to these conditions, as we may update them from time to time:
- you will comply with all applicable Guidelines set forth above;
- LogbookMe owns any and all rights to LogbookMe’s trademark(s) and the substantial goodwill in those marks (including any additional goodwill that may accrue as a result of your use of our marks);
- the use or display of LogbookMe’s trademarks in connection with your application or other product shall not create any right, title or interest for you in or to the LogbookMe trademarks;
- LogbookMe shall have the sole right and discretion to bring legal or administrative proceedings to enforce its rights in its trademarks, including actions for trademark infringement or unfair competition proceedings;
- you agree not to, directly or indirectly, challenge LogbookMe’s use, ownership or registration of LogbookMe’s trademarks;
- you agree to provide LogbookMe, upon its request, with copies of your marketing materials and reasonable evidence that the quality of your product or service is consistent with industry standards;
- you may not sell, assign or otherwise transfer your limited license to use the LogbookMe trademarks without LogbookMe’s express written consent; and
- you agree that LogbookMe assumes no liability to you or to any third party due to your use of any LogbookMe trademarks (which are provided “as is” and without any warranty or assurance they do not infringe another party’s rights), and you will indemnify and hold LogbookMe harmless against any losses, damages and expenses incurred in connection with any claim against LogbookMe arising from or relating to your use of such trademarks and/or your products or services; and
- you agree that this license and any right to use LogbookMe trademarks terminates automatically upon your failure to comply with these license terms.